Friday, March 20, 2015

Just felt the need to say this

I am a sold out Christian.  I believe in God not only because the Bible says so, but because I have a personal encounter with the Living God.

A sermon preached on March 15th by Pastor Ronnie Flores has inspired me to write this
  • I have looked into His Law and seen my own depravity and
  • I have looked into the eyes of Jesus and seen his abiding love for me in His Grace.
  • I realize that I can do nothing of lasting worth apart from Him but
  • I know that I can do immeasurably more than I can think or imagine, because He lives in me.
  • I know that His Law demands perfection but
  • I am not discouraged, because He doesn't expect me to figure it all out on my own.
  • In fact I am encouraged because He has empowered me to be His ambassador.
  • Because He first loved me, I can love the unlovable
  • Because He forgave me, I can forgive all others.
  • Because He died for me, I can die to my own selfish desires
  • Because He rose from the dead, I can now enter into the eternal life
  • Because He was obedient even unto death, I can obey Him
  • Because His voice is like no other, I will always follow Him.
  • Because He has given me the seal of the Holy Spirit, I know that I am forever His
  • Because He has given me gifts, I am now equipped to bless others.
  • Because God is my Father, all men are my brothers and all women my sisters.
  • Because I know that His desire is to see all people come to the saving knowledge of Him, I will preach his Word
  • Because I am a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven, my allegiance will always be to Him first and foremost above any human institution
  • Because I am his, I will fear neither the scheming of evil men nor the schemes of the devil.
  • Because I know that He will never allow anyone to snatch me out of His Hand, I know that my future is secure.
  • Because He suffered for my sins, I can suffer any hurt for His sake
  • Because He lives in me, I will live for Him.
And when I fail, as I am sure I will, He picks me up, reminds me of his Love and encourages me to continue on