Monday, November 2, 2009

Blog-athon Nov 2009 - First post

This will be a short blog, but still it is time to get back on the Band wagon so speak. It has been so long since I have written anything.

So My first blog is... Hey I'm back. Technically this is still the first in America so I have made the first day of November's blogathon. I am alive and well in Kyiv Ukraine. I serve as one of three pastors to a small congregation here in the city. I am learning to put to practice that which I teach. It is challenging, but I continue to stick with it.
Life in Ukraine is interesting, just because I am an American (if born Canadian) living in a former soviet country. But I am glad to be here and to serve.

Today's thought - Flu panic. Everyone here seems to be in a panic about the flu. Schools are closed. The open air markets have been close (or so I have heard) and all public places like theaters and such have been asked to close (to include churches). I don't think I have seen so many people scared by a disease. Usually people react this way to cancer or the news of it. But people are wearing masks and there are few people outside. Who knows, this may work to prevent a pandemic, then again it could just delay the inevitable. I don't WANT to catch the flu, but if I do, I guess I will pray, ask for healing and rest. But I will not live in fear of it. Even if I caught it and died, then I would be with Jesus. That is all I have to say for 1 November

No comments: