Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blogathon day 19

Being used of God

I am excited about what today will bring. I have the privilege of leading a Bible study with a group of young men from an Asian Muslim country. I'm excited not because of what I know or what I get to share, but rather I am excited to see what God will do. Our God wants to bless and encourage and build people up. He wants his children to walk in confidence and obedience. When I get to teach or lead Bible studies, it is like the Lord is letting me be is mouth piece. I am often surprised by what comes out though me. I know that the Holy Spirit is in me. I know that I am a new creation. But it is such cool thing to be used by God to touch other people. I don't think I will ever get tired of that. I never seem to get tired of being used this way. I love working for the Lord. I cannot imagine a better job to have. There are times when the fight gets tough, and I feel like I am coming out of such a period. A time when I forgot how good God is. I time where I though I had to depend solely upon my abilities and talents. Sometimes we can do it for a bit on our own power, but the flesh is weak. But God is strong. I am so glad that I can lean Him, that I can look to Him to sustain me. Our God is an awesome God.

Praying you too will experience the goodness of our God
Alan

No comments: