Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogathon 2009 Day Four

This day brought our first accumulation of snow. It was more easily measured in millimeters than inches and only if you measured the drifts. But it was what I would count as the first real snow. A new season is about to fall upon us, are we ready? Well we have the winter coats out and the wool socks. I have yet to find my gloves.
I wonder what new seasons God has waiting for me in my life. There is part of me that is bored with this season. I feel like I am not doing enough to count for something. Yes I preach and I teach, but is that enough. I am praying that the Lord will shake things up a bit. What storm or seasonal change is on it's way to me? I love being a missionary, but there are times when it has become to "normal" for me. I feel like I should be living a bit more on the edge, but my flesh would prefer being comfortable. I know that God can and will reveal His will for my life. I guess, as I see the leaves falling and the first dusting of snow, I wonder if I am slipping into my own winter of sorts. But winter means heavy socks and clothes. It means warming up after venturing out in the world and it means that there is a spring coming. A time of new growth and renewal. I look forward to God's refreshing and restoration. I look forward to seeing and experiencing what God is going to do.

Blessings
Alan

No comments: