Monday, November 30, 2009

Blogathon day 30, 2009

Last post for November

I think a bad day preaching and teaching is better than any day that I am not. Well, maybe that is an exaggeration but today I got to teach in a little village called Homuttets where there is a church of people who have a heart to reach out to every surrounding village. This little church of maybe 60 people has helped plant churches all over surrounding region. They have also started rehabilitation centers for alcoholics. These people want to hear what I have to say about church! I think that is remarkable. I feel like when I go to teach there, I learn as much as I teach.

Right now I am working with the pastor of evangelism. He was thinking I was going to teach him how to evangelized.... No rather I encouraged him that God wants in to evangelize so that people can come to know God and learn what He wants for them. I showed how evangelism fits into the comprehensive plan to train people for works of service, so that the whole body can be built-up into the fullness of Christ. I love talking about God and encouraging others to follow in His ways. I love working with people excited about serving God. What a great job I have.

What a fitting post for the last day of the blogathon. I pray that I will keep at this and even work on some of my other blog posts.

Even with my back out of whack and spasming it was a great day. I wasn't up for the Acts Bible Study, but I did get to come home to greet my smiling family. That is another time that I never regret, time spent with loved ones.

Thanks for reading
Alan

No comments: