Monday, November 9, 2009

Blogathon 2009 Day 8

Today was a great day. I got to go to Chernighiv and bless some friends there. I missed having my dear wife along. She is such an encouragement. It was this church's 16th anniversary service. Unfortunately this church has also undergone a long battle because of some issues between pastors. The congregation is weary from fighting. I cannot point any fingers and even if I could I would not. I love these people and it has been so hard on them. I preached on the need to walk in God's grace, and what God's grace is. This is really the result of a personal walk - learning the meaning of God's grace in my life.

What is really encouraging is one of the pastors wants me to come back with my wife. He sees AnnMarie offering a ministry of comfort and me providing some "Milk" that the congregation needs. I have some ideas of my own about encouraging the existing leadership. God is good. I trust that He will work this all out.

Thanks for reading
Blessings,
Alan

No comments: