Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 29 of Blogathon 2009

Today I preached a sermon and the most miraculous thing happened. There was a young man from a central Asian country there who had a very awesome thing happen. He doesn't speak English very well. He gets buy. I have a terrible reputation for speaking very fast and this morning I drank coffee before preaching... something I usually try to avoid as I seek even faster then. So anyway after the service this young man we'll call Bob says, that for the first 10 minutes of the sermon he couldn't understand a word I was saying then all of a sudden he understood every word. He said that not only did he understand it, but it went straight to his heart. Wow what and awesome act of the Holy Spirit.

It is so good to be used of God. I must admit that lately I have been feeling a bit demotivated and useless. But God showed me that He is far from being finished with me. Now I just need to put my sermon to practice and keep offering up prayers to bless other. Keep claiming the promises of God. Keep speaking out who we are in Christ Jesus. God is so faithful He sees fit to both save us and put us to work. Thank You Lord, for give meaning to our lives. Thank you God for redeeming us from the self-destructive and sinful creatures we were and thank you for making us in to new creations formed in your image to do good works.

Lord, I thank you for this day. Lord I thank you for how you demonstrate your love for us. I am so grateful to know you and to serve you.

Blessings dear readers...
Alan

No comments: